Sorry, sorry, but I just have to! It's a much talked about subject among my friends and society in general - What would you do in a zombie apocalypse?
I gotta admit, I think about this WAY too much. I acknowledge that I'm being totally dumb. Actually, my fear isn't a zombie apocalypse (let's face it, scientifically it'll never happen) but of either nuclear fallout or some kind of fast spreading virus.
But let's face it: everyone has a plan, even if they won't admit it. Everyone has at least pondered the subject.
Truthfully? I'll probably be one of the first to go. I'm rubbish in emergency situations, I panic, I have absolutely no outdoors survival skills, I rely heavily on technology and I'm very, very weak. Also if they're RUNNING zombies I'd be like, NOPE. F*** that. Ain't even gonna try. Everyone (especially boys) always think they're gonna be like Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead) and be all badass. I will readily admit that that will not be me. BUT. If by some miracle I manage to survive, my plan is pretty simple.
1. Make a base. At first, it will probably be my house. Screw all those poor sods trying to make it to the nearest airport, I'm stayin' in one place. I'd board up the windows then make one room upstairs as secure as possible, preferably with an escape exit.
2. Raid all the local shops. Sorry community, but I'm totally becoming a looter. Luckily for me there's a food store AND a drug store up the road.
3. Find a weapon. No idea what. I live in England so there aren't many guns laying around. I have a feeling I'd be TERRIBLE at any form of combat so I'd probably try to find something javelin-esque - not for throwing, mind you. I just want them dead before they get too close.
4. I'd make a big ass sign on my roof for any aircrafts, but I'd make the sign spell the current date rather than 'HELP' so they know I'm still alive when they fly over.
5. And then I'd wait. And if no one came then I guess I'd hit the road on my bicycle. I wouldn't head for the coast because I don't know how to sail a boat or navigate, so I'd try to find more people and hole up somewhere in the countryside.
To be honest, it's not the zombies that scare me, though. It's people. The moment our society breaks down people go crazy. Sometimes I think it's all that holds us together. I read in an article once that it would only take a week of not having food in the supermarkets for the people to start rioting. Everyone has seen it happen before, to a lesser extent. I remember when there was a gas strike a few years back and everyone went crazy, fighting at the gas stations, carrying fuel away in buckets, etc. It's scary.
So what's your plan? Don't forget this is just a silly discussion, I'm not one of those crazy end-of-world fanatics lol. I've just watched too many zombie movies